Here are some articles and resources we found interesting. Please send us links to articles we should add to this page!
- Denise Kaufman's "Squat Revolution" article in LA Yoga Magazine
- Colin McSwiggen in Jacobin Magazine pulls no punches in dissing chairs!
- Here's Dr. James Levine's NY Times article " Is Sitting a Lethal Activity?" (Mayo Clinic)
- Yuna Shin in the Healthy Living section of The Huffington Post: I Squat. Do You? Thoughts on Squatting vs. Sitting
- Neil Wagner in The Atlantic - Confirmed: He who Sits the Most Dies the Soonest
- This is a great video with information on the benefits of squatting for elimination
- Check out Vicki Harding's interesting observations: Sit or Squat? Lessons from other cultures
- NPR article by Patti Neighmond: Sitting All Day: Worse For You Than You Might Think
- Catherine Pearson in The Huffington Post: Sitting: 6 New Reasons It's Bad For Your Health
- Sitting Is The New Smoking - Top 10 Ways To Exercise At Work
- Galen Cranz wrote this definitive book. Totally worth reading! THANK YOU, GALEN!! The Chair: Rethinking Culture, Body and Design
- Sitting Is the Smoking of Our Generation
- Rest, renewal and productivity
- Salon article on dangers of sitting
- Get the kids out of those school chairs